But in our household it takes another form.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toasted baguette slices
Mix everything but the baguette together in a bowl. Spoon on to baguette and serve.
A Note or two:
- For the baguettes in the picture, I did not add the fresh basil to the mix. I added the basil after the mix was spooned on to the baguette.
- Not listed in the recipe but on one baguette I added Feta cheese. Very good flavour.