I did it again.
I walked into a quilting store, and walked out with more gradient fabric. Sometimes referred to as ombre fabric. Also called Gelato. Somehow I just can’t resist it.
This is a Robert Kaufman fabric. Isn’t it lovely? 2018 will be a fun year, working with all of my gradient fabrics. But honestly, I need to start sewing, and stop collecting!
It started with my continued struggle picking fabric for The Circle Game. Maybe a decision on the background fabric would help. That is what forced my trip to the Quilt Shop in the first place.
Pink and purple it is. If you are going to step outside of your comfort zone, go all the way.
Ken’s Kitchen has been sending recipes but I haven’t posted any for a long time. Here are some to get you cooking again…
- BBQ Chicken with Lime This recipe was brought back from a cooking class in Hoi An, Vietnam and adapted to ingredients available here. We were in Vietnam a couple years ago. This recipe brings back a flood of memories.
- bbq ribs. Winter is the perfect time for slow cooker recipes and who doesn’t like ribs? Personally, I would put these into the oven for a half hour or so to brown the ribs before serving.
- Fried Onion Cheeseburgers. These were very good! They were done in a cast iron skillet, but you could use a regular frying pan.
- Thai Shrimp. How can you tell we enjoy food from SE Asia? Over the years we have become friends with a number of international students from that part of the world, resulting in an appreciation for the rich flavours of their foods.
- Creamy Shells with Chicken and Broccoli There are times when I try not to think of the calories, and this is one of them. A one-dish meal that tastes very good.
That’s it for now. Have a great week!