#1 WIP

At this week-end’s mini-retreat I worked on my #1 WIP.  The quilt is with the person doing the long-arm quilting, but I always like to make matching pillowcases and cushions from the leftovers.  Besides the fact that I was distracted (talking!) and spent more time unstitching (aka ripping out!) than usual, I was happy to get them done.  The pillowcases are pretty standard.  I started off thinking the band would be on the inside, then added the narrow white band in order to have a nicer edge.  All the seams are French seams so there are no raw edges.  Actually, I like the band better on the outside, but they could be used either way.

reversible pillowcase

reversible pillowcase

The front of the cushion was pretty easy.  I just made squares from the blocks left over from the quilt and added sashing in the dark green to make it fit the size of the pillow.  The quilting is a simple cross-hatch pattern.

Cushion front

Cushion front

I had to think a little longer before doing the back of the cushion.  I did not have any fabric large enough to do it as a single large piece but I did have lots of 4 1/2″ strips of medium green.  It was suppose to be the last border on the front of the quilt but I didn’t like it so left it off.  Now it was all I had left to work with.  In the end I decided to pleat it so that the seams would not be noticable, and then stitched it in opposite directions in order to create texture.

Cushion back

Cushion back

About Judy's Quilting Studio

Creator of all things quilted
This entry was posted in Uncategorized, WIP and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s